Sunday, January 16, 2011

Don't let perfect stop you!

This weekend I decided to tackle my utensil drawer in my kitchen. This is the drawer filled with all the little kitchen toys, big knives, rolling pins and serving spoons. Needless to say this drawer was not only difficult to navigate, but dangerous to boot! So I went through it and took EVERYTHING out. I then sorted the items and tossed the ones that I have not used in the more than a year we have lived here and the ones I had way too many of. I then put all of the cooking and serving spoons in a plastic container on my counter where they will be MUCH easier to locate. I almost did not do the entire project because I didn't have a "neat" container to hold these items, but I talked myself into doing it anyway and promised to pick up that container later on. Next, I returned the remaining items to the drawer. 3/4ths of the items no longer go in that drawer, so it was MUCH easier to find things. I still have not figured out the knives, but I will keep my eyes out for something while I hit the thrift stores looking for that container.

This week's lesson: Don't let perfect stop you from doing what must be done. Get it done and THEN find the "perfect" later.

No comments:

Post a Comment