Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Storage Dream!

So my loving, wonderful, amazing husband as a flaw... he LOVES DVDs. Now I am not talking about enjoying them, but he seems to think that he must own every flipping movie that has ever been made. Many of his DVDs have never been removed from the wrapping. Now I think this is hording, but he doesn't see it that way. My big issue with it is that all of these DVDs (well over 500) are on open racks in our living room gathering dust and cluttering this nice space. After realizing that I would never win the battle of getting rid or at least cutting back, I decided to look for better storage. Storage that would "hide" them from view. This week I got my storage. I ordered a DVD storage cabinet from Amazon. It is black to go with the other furniture in our living room and has doors so you can no longer see the mess within. It is also tall and narrow therefore it takes up WAY WAY WAY less space than those short wide racks. Now that it is up and filled to the brim, there is extra space in my once filled living room!! It's a storage dream:-)



I did OK with my laundry this week... attacked it twice during the week (not quite the 5 times I should have,) but I only have one load to run through this weekend, so that's a good start. Plus, I have three more weeks to make it work correctly!



This weeks lesson... if you can't get rid of it, hide it in beautiful storage!!!!

2 comments: