Saturday, January 1, 2011

New year... New habits

A friend of mine recently said "if you want to stop seeing the same old things, stop doing the same old things. If you want to do more, do more. If you want change, you change first." With this in mind, the flylady's monthly habit, and my grad school education I decided that each month I must come up with something to change about what I do in my house. In grad school, I learned that it takes 30 days for something to become a habit, so for each month of the new year, I am going to work on one new habit. This month, I am working on the laundry. The Flylady always says a load a day keeps the chaos away. At this point, I do not have enough laundry to do one load a day, and for this to become a habit, it must be done daily. So, I decided that will do something laundry related each day. This means one day run the laundry through the washer and dryer and the next day fold and put it away. This is what I shall be doing all January long. Feel free ti give it a try your self.

No comments:

Post a Comment