Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow day organizing!

So one of the perks to being a teacher is that when school is called off for snow, you get to stay home as well (I have to make the day up in the summer, but I choose to enjoy now anyway!) So after I did all of the shoveling since my wonderful husband is at work, I decided to do some basic chores which do not take me as long since I have been flying with the Flylady so it's 2pm and I am done! I am going to be organizing my recipes in the box and then making a list of all of the foods I like to prepare and the ingredients needed to make each. I am thinking that this will make it easier when I do my meal planning and grocery shopping. I am putting it in a three ring binder so that more can be added at anytime. This week I found a great fish recipe that I am now in love with, so that was the first thing I am writing down. For anyone interested in the recipe...

white fish fillets (I used flounder as it was on sale this week, but talipa would also work and I bet even chicken!)
fresh dill (only 99 cents for a bunch!)
fresh lemon
green onions
butter (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)

In a fry pan over med-low heat, add three tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons of chopped dill, the juice of one lemon, and one green onion chopped thinly. Allow the butter to melt as you stir. Place the fish in the mixture and baste. Allow to cook for 8-10 minutes and ENJOY!

Today's lesson: Seize every minute that is given to you. Today was a surprise day, but I found a job that would make my life easier and got it done!

1 comment:

  1. Carolyn!! I had no idea you had a blog! I'm so excited :) Thanks for your kind words on mine...I'm so happy you like your clipboard!! :)

    I guess I'll see you tomorrow...enjoy the rest of your snowday :)

    ReplyDelete